This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 20 September, 2014.
- Is offered in a 100 mg fatty acid suspension softgel
- All natural, without the addition of common excipients such as titanium dioxide
- Supports heart health
- Often used when taking HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (prescription medications that reduce cholesterol levels)
- Sourced from Japan, the highest quality supplier of CoQ10
- Supports cellular energy production
- CONTAINS NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish or fish
Antioxidants & Healthy Aging
Coenzyme Q10, also known as ubiquinone or CoQ10, continues to gain popularity. CoQ10 is a fat soluble vitamin-like substance that is normally produced in the body. It can be found in all cells including the cell membranes, where it protects cells from free radical damage. However, levels naturally decline with age, and may be reduced further in the presence of statin (cholesterol-lowering) drugs or disease. Statin drugs inhibit cholesterol synthesis in the liver, but also inhibits CoQ10 synthesis. Most consumers supplement their diet with CoQ10 to support cardiovascular and nervous system health. The mechanism of action of CoQ10 occurs in the mitochondria of the cells, during the respiratory chain. Research indicates that CoQ10 may support heart health by supporting cellular energy production and acting as an antioxidant to prevent LDL oxidation and cellular damage from free radicals. Since CoQ10 is fat soluble, it is important to take it with dietary fat.